There are some classic gin cocktails you may have heard of but not know the background behind, however this is definitely a cocktail that leaves no mystery as to its origins. Of course, the Singapore Sling started life in Singapore, more specifically at the Raffles Hotel, and is still popular there today.
The exact recipe for the Singapore Sling is hotly debated. Our recipe is a mix of a Singapore Sling and the Straits Sling and is likely to be how the gin cocktail originally came. The original recipe was actually lost, and the cocktail now served at the Long Bar at Raffles is one made from memories of bartenders and some written down notes on the drink.
(Cocktail recipe serves 1)
- 25ml x Hooting Owl South Yorkshire Gin
- 25ml x cherry brandy
- 5ml x Benedictine
- 25ml x lemon juice (or pineapple juice)
- 10ml x grenadine
- Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake well until it feels properly chilled.
- Strain into a glass and add ice cubes.
- Garnish with a segment of fresh pineapple and a cherry.