The French Tart
When experimenting with gin cocktails we were pleased to discover this one; The French Tart cocktail brings together both tart, sweet and herbal flavours to create a drink with a unique depth to it. Each ingredient compliments the other giving it just the right balance of sweet and sour flavours. It may take a few attempts to perfect the drink exactly to your taste, but this is one of our favourite gin cocktail recipes which we highly recommend.
If you notice a difference in taste from one week to the next it may be the grapefruit you use, this can change in taste throughout the season.
(Cocktail recipe serves 1)
- 60ml of Hooting Owl South Yorkshire Gin
- 40ml of freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 20ml of elderflower liqueur
- 20ml of rosemary sugar syrup
- 10ml of fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 drops of sage bitters (other bitters will work)
- Combine all ingredients into a shaker with ice.
- Shake well until fully chilled.
- Strain into your glass and enjoy.