A classic gin cocktail, light green in colour, The Gimlet follows an easy to execute recipe and takes just minutes to make. What you get is a strong cocktail that certainly has a kick. Enjoy it slowing, sipping and savouring the flavours, a great choice for the summer.
The simplest, classic form of this drink is equal parts gin to lime cordial or juice, but there are no set rules and you can adjust ratios to your own taste. Our recipe follows the most popular method of making the drink but it’s fun to experiment to find the perfect gin cocktail for you.
(Cocktail recipe serves 1)
- 75ml of Hooting Owl North Yorkshire Gin
- 15ml of lime juice
- 15ml of simple sugar syrup (2 parts water to 1 part sugar, combine in a saucepan on a low heat until sugar dissolves fully)
- Twist of lime
- Combine all ingredients (except lime twists) into a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake thoroughly until you’ve brought the temperature right down so it’s very cold.
- Pour into your glass (ideally chilled) and garnish with lime twists.